Please note the following rules for all exhibitors:
- All exhibits must be the property and production of the exhibitor in all classes. Infringements will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fees for the relevant classes.
- Exhibitors are restricted to one entry in each class.
- Exhibitors must adhere to the ‘Notes for Exhibitors’ where applicable to their class. These are set out in the Show Categories table.
- The Committee has the right to visit and inspect, by commission, the gardens and allotments of any exhibitor at any time between the date of entry and the day of the Show, or within 72 hours of the close of the Show if an objection is lodged under Rule 4.
- Objections must be made in writing to the Secretary before 4.00pm on the day of the Show, accompanied by a fee of £1.00.
- The Committee reserves the right, should the judges so recommend, to limit the awards in any class if the number of entries or the quality of the exhibits is insufficiently high, or increase the awards if this is justified.
- All entries must be made on the form provided and a separate entry form must be used for each exhibitor. Entry fees must accompany entrance forms. Cost is 50p per entry; Junior & Young Adult classes (59-74) and Family/Group entries (57 & 58) are free. All entrants (apart from Junior & Young Adult classes) must be current members of OMHSS.
- Entry forms must be submitted by 6.00pm on Tuesday 29th August 2023.
- Exhibits must be brought between 8.30am and 11.00am on the day of the Show or between 6.00pm and 7.00pm on the Friday evening beforehand.
- No exhibit or prize may be removed before 4.15pm on Show Day. Exhibits not removed by 4.30pm will be sold unless clearly marked ‘NOT FOR SALE’ but MUST in any case be removed by 5.30pm. Prize money may be claimed from the Treasurer after 4.30pm and up to 6.00pm. Any prize money not claimed after this time will be assumed to be donations to the Society.
- The Committee accepts no liability for loss or damage to property however caused.
- A group entry will be welcome in any class from any organisation approved by the Society. However, this entry will not be eligible for points to win cups or the Banksian Medal.
The Committee is the sole and final arbiter in all matters arising from the application of these rules.